9.06.2010

Alien sketches

Finally working on the comic I did these preliminary sketches for, things are moving right along for a change and I just wanted to put these up. It was necessary to me that this time around I don't wind up designing background characters while drawing the page. It's easier to just grab a few ideas from a sketchbook and drop them in rather than making myself come up with them on the spot. I suppose these guys have more of a star wars / men-in-black feel than I was going for, and even though the main characters are all human (pretty much) I just wanted to be sure that crowd shots in the book have an otherworldly feel.



You may notice that occasionally my sketches talk to me. Don't be alarmed.


Hey now, weird tentacle-headed-flip-flop-and-sundress-wearing-blob-lady! Settle down!

-Mike

1 comment: